Previous Post: How Jason Majoue Has Impacted My Life
Next Post: The Five Rules of Life
Thank you Brendon Burchard for the wonderful reminder!
Everyone loves to save money! In fact, that's part of being wealthy. SAVING more than you spend (after paying your living expenses of course).
Heck, I even published a few blogs like 15 Money Saving Ideas for Couples and 8 Inexpensive Ways to Socialize With Your Friends. But I ran across this article and just HAD to share some of these FREE things to do in Dallas! … Well, in the DFW metroplex that is …
Date Night, anyone?
- Dallas Museum of Art
Yay culture! It's been a while since I've been, but there's always something cool to check out.
- Cedar Ridge Reserve
There's butterfly and hummingbird gardens … A place for joggers / runners / bikers … Absolutely wonderful!
- Hang Out at Klyde Warren Park
This is apparently a really cool place … Who doesn't like ping pong or playing some putt putt?
- Main Street Garden Park
Green space AND city … Middle of downtown too!
- Belo Garden
Also in downtown, and has lots of native trees, gardens, and even a fountain plaza!
- Run Katy Trail
Or hoop, walk, scamper … Or ditch the exercise and go to Katy Trail Ice House for drinks — but that's not free.
- White Rock Lake
Ducks, dog walkers, and exercisers – oh my! Lots of my rock climber buddies go here … To climb or run I don't know. But you can also see the Dallas skyline, the lake, and a peek at the arboretum!
- Perot Museum of Nature & Science's lobby and outdoor plaza
Not just for the young, but also the young at heart … and those who like learning some pretty awesome science-ee stuff!
- Pegasus Plaza
Apparently the pegasus is the symbol of Dallas? Yeah – ponder that one while enjoying the fountains. o_O
- Reverchon Park
Beautiful scenery, even when something cool isn't happening (which there often is).
- Samples at the Dallas Farmers Market
- Public ArtWalk Dallas
A self-guided tour through public art! 3.3 miles of this …
- JFK Memorial and Dealey Plaza
An at-least-once spot that shares some of Dallas' history, bleak as it was.
- Thanks-Giving Square
“Stained glass paradise.”
- M-Line Trolley
“See Dallas how you were meant to, via trolley!”
- The Buckeye Trail
Get whisked around Dallas and historic Oak Cliff … Get linked to fine art, cuisine, and Dallas culture.
- Attend a Festival in Grapevine
Always something going on in downtown Grapevine – like Chocolatefest or Grapefest!
- See Bonnie Parker‘s grave
From the infamous Bonnie and Clyde…
- St Patrick's Day Parade on Greenville
While you MAY want to spend money on your own alcohol, this can be a pretty huge event!
- Walk Around Bishop Arts
People watching and window shopping are free … And the places you'll find here are pretty nifty!
- Take a Look Around the Arts' District
An up-and-coming area to check out.
- Fountain Place
Super cool things done at this fountain.
- Scyene Overlook/Piedmont Ridge
- Yoga on top of HG Sply Co
A donation IS asked for, but it's technically free. Yoga with an awesome skyline!
- Check out funky art in Deep Ellum
Pretty awesome artists did some cool art here!
- Chill at the observation station at DFW Airport
Status & planes – up close and personal!
- Outdoor movies at Annette Strauss Square
Uh – duh!
- Freedman's Cemetary & Memorial
Tribute to honoring former free slaves in the 1850s from Freedman's Town.
- Tour Four Corners Brewery
This one's not complicated. FREE BEER.
- Visit the Pioneer Plaza Cattle Drive
A cattle drive! … Frozen in time …
- Oak Cliff and Nature Reserve
- Visit Lakeside Park to see the bear statues!
Dallas sure does love it's statues … At least these are teddy bears. ^_^ (Yes, I said teddy bears!)
- Walk through the Art Garden
An outside sculpture museum.
- Walk around Swiss Avenue and view the historic homes
A step back into time – particularly in architecture!
- Listen to a good show at Good Records
Free music show? Sweet!
- See the Mustangs in Las Colinas
I love what they did with these mustangs and the water!
- See the skyline from the Chase Tower
The Chase Tower is one of the most iconic buildings in Dallas. Need to go at least once! If not lots of times …
- Hike or Bike the Trinity River Audubon Center
Outdoor type things! Yay!
- Hang at the stockyards in Fort Worth
Another iconic part of DFW, let alone Texas.
- Disc Golf at BB Owen Park
This is one of the best courses in Dallas proper.
- Nasher Sculpture Center
Free every 1st Saturday.
- Take the Santa Fe Trail from White Rock to Deep Ellum
White Rock & Deep Ellum scenery at once!.
- Taste of Dallas Festival
Biggest (and apparently most awesome) free food festival … Foodies playhouse!
- Deep Ellum Arts Festival
Biggest (and apparently most awesome) art festival!
- Check out the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge
Can be seen from Tiny Groves or even when touring Four Corners Brewery. It's pretty nice!.
- Look at the Belo Mansion
Architecturally stunning place and amazing venue for events – like weddings!
- Tour the George W Bush Presidential Library
“Part library, part museums, 100% GW.”
- Bath House Culture Center
Black box theater, art displays and live music!
- Listen to the blues in Oak Cliff
Something better than hearing the blues? Hearing it for free.
- Play giant Jenga in Barcadia
Who doesn't like a giant game of anything? Just remember – the game is free, the drinks are not.